Matthew Norick R.Ac., TCMP (Dip), B.A. (Hon)
Matthew is determined to use his depth of knowledge and experience to do all he can to help you overcome your health challenges and get to the deep root cause of your imbalance.
Matthew Norick completed his formal education in British Columbia and holds the title of Registered Acupuncturist. He has obtained a four year Traditional Chinese Medicine Practitioner diploma.
In B.C. the Traditional Chinese Medicine profession must include education from accredited educational institutions, strict provincial licensing and regulation that, for Matthew, included the following:
- 4 year full-time program split between the Canadian College of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine, the oldest TCM school in Canada and Pacific Rim College, one of the largest Complementary and Integrative Medicine school in Canada. This education included more than 2300 hours of classroom training and 700 hours of supervised clinical experience.
- Undergraduate Honors degree in Arts majoring in Psychology from the University of Regina
- Passing the CTCMA board exams for the Registered Acupuncturist level that included written, practical, and safety exams. CTCMA is the regulatory college for TCM in British Columbia.
- Meeting the Continuing Education credits as required by the provincial regulatory boards on an ongoing basis
Matthew Norick also has years of Informal mentorship and education while studying in Asia that includes:
- Study under Doctors of Oriental Medicine in Daegu, South Korea
- Study of the traditional medicines of China, Japan, Vietnam, and India while extensively traveling throughout Asia
In addition to the above training Matthew Norick has the following qualifications:
- Was on the Board of Directors of the Provincial Traditional Chinese Medicine Acupuncture Association of Saskatchewan for 4 years
- Holds a Traditional Chinese Medicine Practitioner level of membership in Saskatchewan
- Holds an Acupuncture License in B.C. with the CTCMA (which is covered under Saskatchewan plans)